Directorate-General for External Communication
The Directorate-General for External Communication:
- shares federal government decisions with the outside world
- informs the country’s citizens, journalists and organisations through a number of communication channels
- boosts Belgium’s image both domestically and internationally
- manages the Résidence Palace International Press Centre (IPC)
- aims to enhance the professionalism of the federal authorities’ information and communication departments
- offers products and services
The Directorate-General for External Communication has three departments:
This department is responsible for creating and drafting written and visual content as well as disseminating official information through various digital communication channels.
- drafts press releases on the decisions of the Council of Ministers which are published on news.belgium.be
- manages the federal portal www.belgium.be
- answers citizens’ questions
- creates visuals
- develops websites for the Chancellery, the federal government and the related institutions
- purchases domain names for the federal institutions
- manages social networks
02 287 41 92
02 287 41 95
This department manages and coordinates the various federal public services’ information campaigns.
- provides advice and support to the federal public services with regard to their communication actions: administrative, creative and budgetary follow-up
02 287 41 65
This department organises promotional events and actions, is responsible for promoting Belgium’s image and manages the Résidence Palace International Press Centre (IPC).
- organises and coordinates press conferences, shows, concerts, receptions, exhibitions, etc.
- manages the subsidies awarded by the Chancellery
- manages the partnership with the European institutions for communication actions in Europe
- the IPC’s offering of infrastructure and services as a centre hosting Belgian and foreign journalists during events
Events and partnerships:
02 287 41 78
02 235 21 29